Get That Group Cameo!
GROUP PROMO TOOLS
Ask the public and your members to attribute donations to your group with the tools on this page. Key messaging includes:
- The Desire to Support Your Group Ohana.
- The Need for Positivity & Shaka Values.
- The Desire to Be Connect to Hawai‘i.
- The Need to Protect Hawai‘i Stories & Culture.
- Movie Credits & Cameos.
Shaka Flyer: Download PDF »
Ask the public and your members to attribute donations to your group with the following content (or in your own words) —
In the wake of COVID-19 and today’s acid politics, the world is sorely in need of a chill pill and a bit of positivity. Enter “Shaka, A Story of Aloha,” a heart-felt documentary designed to help us find the hero within and better our communities.
It’s a true, 110 year old story on the origin and meanings of the Shaka gesture that begins in La‘ie, on the island of Oahu. Slated as a 30-minute documentary, it’s a multi-cultural story that features layers from Hawaiians, Mormons, Japanese/Okinawans, local townies and the surf/extreme sports world.
Kamehameha Schools has generously provided 20% of the production budget plus two key Kumu as cultural experts to start filming and design a companion design-thinking curriculum for K-12 students, companies and organizations. An all-star production team has signed on including co-executive producer Bryan Spicer (Five-O, Magnum PI), award-winning local director Alex Boccheiri and music director Henry Kapono.
Ways You Can Help:
- Join the Movement: Donate $100+ and you will get a personal End Credit in the movie! Donate »
- Support Our Cameo Group: When you donate, you can dedicate Giving Points to a group (each dollar gets one point). Any group that gains at least 10K points, gets a cameo in the film.
- Share this Message: Post on social or email asking your friends and family to:
Join me in supporting the “Shaka, A Story of Aloha” documentary so we can get a group cameo and credits! Donate $100+ and get your own personal End Credit! See the story and donate at shakafilm.com
Optional References & Attachments
Ask the public and your members to attribute donations to your group with the following post content:
- Cameos anyone? We’re trying to earn a group cameo in the upcoming film “Shaka, the Power of Mana” and we need your help. Please mark [__group name__] when giving at shakafilm.com/donate
- Do you love Hawai‘i? Join us in the Shaka Movement. Please mark [__group name__] when giving at shakafilm.com/donate
- 2021. The world needs a little positivity and aloha spirit. Show your love by marking [__group name__] when giving at shakafilm.com/donate
Memes are social media posts that combine slogans over pictures that tell the story. Use our slogans below to share the shaka!
Fun Kine Slogans
Ono from “Oh No!”; Crackseed, no Wise Crack; Kahuku Kine; Spam is my Jam; Hang Loose fo’ Hang Ten; Love from La‘ie; Chee-Hoo no Boo-Hoo!; Right On Kini Popo!; Slippahs fo’ No Slip Up!; For a “Honu” World; Made with Mahalo; Da Kine for Da Kine; To Shake, or Not to Shaka…
Positivity & Hope Slogans
Something from Nothing; Grace from Grit; Success by Sharing; Epic from Extreme; Paradise from Positivity; Happiness from Hope; Can from No Can; Greatness from Giving; Heaven from Hardship; Aloha for All; Nirvana from Nature; Thrive through Thanks, A Lot from a Little, Paradise Means Plenty.
Motto & Cameo Slogans
The Power of Mana; Fear Not, It’s OK, Go For It!; Share the Shaka; Share the Aloha, Happiness by Hamana, Be a Part of Hawai‘i History, Join Our Shaka Ohana, If You Love Hawai‘i, Join Us; Shake Up the World, Join Our Group!; Cameo Anyone? Join Us!