Register a Group
Groups are invited to register free to be eligible for cameos in the film. Groups may include companies, schools, organizations, families, friends, sports teams, clubs, government agencies, firehouses, police squads or any other group that wants to appear together in a cameo.
How It Works
- Sign Up as a Group. It’s free. Once your group is approved, it will appear in the individual donor form as an option to attribute donations.
- Get Giving Points. Like donating points to a favorite high school at the grocery store, film donors dedicate Giving Points to a group of their choice. Each donor dollar receives one Giving Point. Aggregated Giving Points qualify groups for Supporter Packages that include cameos and end credits. Also, donors contributing $100+ receive a personal end credit. Donations are tax deductible.
- 10K+ Giving Points = Cameo. Groups may have as many people in their cameo as desired. Higher Giving Points can gain longer cameos.
To Register, complete this form:
Groups can build their Giving Points for Support Packages in the following ways:
- Promote Your Contacts. Use emails, newsletters, social media and any other means to ask contacts to join the cause. Introduction letters, slogans and graphics are available at Promotional Tools »
- You may use any donation platform of your choice including Facebook Fundraisers or GoFundMe. If you use such platforms, we recommend that you consult a tax advisor. For question on using others’ donation platforms, Contact Us »
- Groups can Boost Their Supporter Level. You can donate anytime via the individual donor form and dedicate Giving Points to your group. Donors contributing $100+ get a personal end credit. All donors receive a tax deduction letter. Please consult an accountant for tax advice. Donate »
|$250,000+ "Shaka" Level||Single Logo, Opening & End Credits*||5-sec. Cameo**|
|$150,000+ "Aloha" Level||Logo 2x Group, Opening & End Credits*||4-sec. Cameo**|
|$100,000+ "Hukilau" Level||Single Logo , End Credits*||3-sec. Cameo**|
|$50,000+ "Ohana" Level||Logo 3x Group, End Credit*||2-sec. Cameo**|
|$25,000+ "Kupuna" Level||End Credit List||2-sec. Cameo**|
|$10,000+ "Buddha" Level||End Credit List||1.5-sec. Cameo**|
|$5,000+ "Fear Not" Level||End Credit List||n/a|
|$2,500+ "Go For It" Level||End Credit List||n/a|
|$1,000+ "Right On!" Level||End Credit List||n/a|
|$500+ "Mahalo" Level||End Credit List||n/a|
|$100+ "Friend" Level||End Credit List||n/a|
*Top Tier Credits: Logo panels appear for 2-3 seconds to ensure readability and comfortable pacing. Panels can be single logos for higher levels and multiple sponsor logos per panel (for example, a logo in a 3x group is three sponsor logos on a single panel). Packages indicate Opening Credit and End Credit placements. Top Tier Sponsor Packages also include logo placement on the ShakaFilm.com website homepage, print promotions and social media mentions. Sponsors of packages that include logos must upload their logos, 1G maximum file size, to this website in vector art (AI or EPS) format.
**Cameos: Cameos included in Sponsor Packages appear in the end credits, either along with the sponsor's logo placement or elsewhere in the end credits with sponsor title caption. Cameo production is provided by the sponsor. There is no limit as to number of people who can appear in the cameo. Sponsors must upload 1G maximum file size cameo videos or still pictures to this website.
What is a Group?
A Group is a school, company, family, organization or other group that is registers as part of the Shaka Ohana to aggregate attributed donor contributions to build the Group's supporter level. Groups may attain varying levels of movie credit and cameo appearances, For more, see Register a Group »
How do Sponsors Differ from Groups?
They're similar in that they both work to the same Supporter Packages. However, Sponsors are typically companies, organizations or individuals who simply donate a lump sum of cash to secure a Supporter Package. Entities can alternatively sign up as a Group. Sponsor »
Are Supporter Levels Limited?
No. While many programs limit the number of top level sponsorships, this program acknowledges that the Shaka story is for all of Hawaii's people and as such seeks to be entirely inclusive and sharing with this story. There are no limitations on number or type of supporters. For example, all media outlets are welcome to participate and no exclusives will be offered.
Are In-Kind Donations Acceptable for Supporter Packages?
Yes, but they must be approved of by the production team. This may include media and promotional services, logo merchandise, production services and other value adds to the film.
Can individuals get credits and cameos on their own?
Yes. Individual donors get credits for their contributions based on the supporter Packages schedule shown above. If Individuals wish a cameo of their own, they may contribute as a Sponsor »
Can I attribute to multiple groups or individuals?
Yes. To do so, make multiple contributions and attribute accordingly. For example, for Contribution A, name Group X and Individual Acknowledgement Y, then submit. Next, start a second Contribution B, name a different Group Y and Individual Acknowledgement Z, then submit, and so on...
What is a Credit?
A Credit is a text or graphic logo recognition of a specific person or entity. The minimum donation for a Credit is $100. Donors may indicate an acknowledgements name when contributing. Donations may also be anonymous. Depending upon supporter level, placement and visibility varies. Supporters qualifying for logo placements are responsible for providing their own vector logo art and uploading such art on this website.
What is a Cameo?
A cameo is a video clip or still photograph of a person or people. For this project, cameos should be about the Shaka whether people are throwing or making them. Groups that qualify for cameos may include any number of participants in a cameo.
How are cameos shot?
Supporters qualifying for cameos are responsible for taking their own video footage or still photography, ideally high resolution, and uploading content of up to 1G files on this website. If you qualify for a cameo and require video recording assistance, Contact Us »
Do you have promotional materials for Groups?
Yes. Fliers and suggested social posts are included on this website. See Promote »