Three Shaka-themed project-based learning experiences, targeted to middle and high school, are currently available in print at Amazon and online at BizzyB.com. Commissioned by the State of Hawai‘i Workforce Development Counsel for the Youth Services Center system, this special edition design-thinking, innovation and entrepreneurship curriculum series teaches students how to conceptualize and create a small business.
- Shaka origin, history, virtues and values meanings.
- Hawaiian and local Hawai‘i cultural learning.
- Design-thinking, innovation, entrepreneurship, financial literacy & leadership training.
- Scaleable sessions (half- or multiple-day formats).
- Separate teacher’s guide & student workbooks.
How It Works
Each Shaka education experience begins with team assignments, leadership roles and a team challenge. Team leaders take turns facilitating their group through design challenges to create a plan to present at a Bank. At the Bank, each team takes a loan to buy supplies at a Supply Depot then goes to work making Shaka products. The experience culminates as a Market Day Showcase where products are sold, Bank Lans are paid back with interest and profits are tallied.
Each Shaka education experience includes a primer on the Shaka story, virtues and values.
SHAKA FILM IS PART OF A MOVEMENT